Monday, December 31, 2012

Healthy Eating Ideas

Today I want to talk about food. I love food. I really really love food. My measured stress levels are regularly lower when I know I'm about to eat. Food is what fuels your body, and if you choose the right things it's downright delighful. By choosing healthy items in a variety of colors, textures, and carb/protein levels - you can get more energy and better health just by what you eat.

Here's a few delicious looking ideas from me to you. Find these and more on my Pinterest Food Board.


Healthy Wrap:
1/2 cup chopped chicken, 3 Tbsp Fuji apples chopped, 2 Tbsp red grapes chopped, 2 tsp honey, 2 Tbsp almond butter. Mix and wrap in a Romaine lettuce leaf.


Cucumber Subs:
Really any sandwich filling works for this bread-free sandwich. This one includes turkey, dijon mustard and laughing cow cheese. 


Vegetarian Sweet Potato Burgers with Avocado:
This had me at sweet potatoes and avocado. Click Through for the recipe and lots of pics.


Grilled Ham and Cheese on Waffles:
This one might be questionable on health-appeal 'cause I doubt frozen waffles are winning many health awards. Still - I don't know why my sandwiches haven't been using waffles as bread since always. Click through for the recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment